Job Opportunity: Community Innovator
Position Title: Community Innovator
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director of Community Impact and 211 PEI
Positions: 24 – 30 hours per week for 10 months (negotiable)
Salary Range: $40 / hour (negotiable)
Start Date: ASAP
The United Way of Prince Edward Island is committed to the advancement of our Island community. Our mandate is to bring resources together to support local non-profit organizations, help them fund local projects, work with them to build sector strength, while collaborating with local leaders and stakeholders to address the pressing needs of Islanders.
Overview of Position:
With over 1,700 non-profit organizations in PEI, the community not-for-profit sector is wide and varied. The expectation for not-for-profit organizations to adapt has been increasing for years, however the COVID pandemic has greatly accelerated the scale and pace of change required for organizations to be able to effectively fulfill their mission. The Community Innovator position will help identify and articulate the needs of the not-for-profit sector across the Island post-COVID.
The Community Innovator will help agencies in the not-for-profit sector think about and write proposals which may accelerate digital transformation, look at innovative partnerships, operating and shared service models and future planning for recruitment and retention of the changing workforce landscape. This position will bring together key stakeholders, develop plans for addressing: staffing constraints, operational resources, and capacity issues, in order to leverage funding opportunities.
United Way of PEI would like to support the not-for-profit sector over the coming year with resources to help identify needs, opportunities and support the development of new initiatives to help the sector adapt and modernize.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Create project plans for both individual and collective agencies within the not-for-profit sector in PEI.
- Identify needs and gaps in the sector post-COVID and identify solutions to fill them.
- Build community in a sector which is stretched and overloaded (overextended)
- Help create support for staff and volunteers
- Collaborate with the not-for-profit sector across PEI
- Find new ways of working both within individual not-for-profits and collectively as a sector.
- Writing proposals and project plans
- Identifying funding sources
- Work closely with CEO and Director of Community Impact
- Forward thinker
- Innovative yet realistic
- Formidable leader
- Strong and thoughtful communications skills
- Delineating needs in a complex and ever-changing environment
- Problem solver
- Complex thinker
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Project Management or Project Planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow through on tasks
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a contract position with limited funding. Work hours are to be determined upon hire, but a hybrid model of office, home, and community work. Typical office hours are between 8 AM - 4 PM Monday – Friday, but flexibility for evenings may be needed on occasion.
For consideration for this position, please submit by email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line of Community Innovator.
This position is open until filled.
United Way of PEI recognizes, and values lived experiences of our community both urban and rural. We encourage applicants to indicate in their cover letter if they would like to be considered for employment equity if they identify as a member of any historically marginalized communities.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.