Call for Letters of Intent for United Way PEI’s Community Fund
The United Way of PEI’s mission is to “improve the lives of Islanders and build community”. During the past year, our Island communities have been greatly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Our goal this year is aid recovery efforts and provide support for the most vulnerable in our province.
Funding Grant Details:
- The funding period is between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2024
- The maximum amount of funds for each program/initiative is $30,000/year, for up to 2 years
- Organizations may submit up to two Letters of Intent
- The grant may be used to support existing and/or new initiatives
- Letters of Intent are being accepted until 5:00 pm, Monday July 19, 2021
Letters of Intent: CLICK HERE to complete Digital LOI
Letters of Intent (to be completed using the digital form) should include:
- Identify 1 primary contact person and provide their contact information
- Confirmation statement that the organization meets the eligibility requirements
- A description of the current/proposed initiative, including name, general description, approach/activities, and target population
- Explanation of how this initiative aligns with the UW focus areas, grant priorities, goals
United Way of PEI Focus Areas
We will prioritize investing in registered charities that are aligned with our investment priorities:
- Poverty - helping to meet the basic needs of our community’s most vulnerable people, giving every Islander the opportunity to realize a better future.
- Social Inclusion - ensuring PEI becomes a truly equitable, safe, and inclusive place with vibrant communities where everyone experiences a sense of belonging and connection to one another.
- Supporting Kids & Youth - giving children and youth the support they need to get a great start in life, do well in school, and reach their full potential.
- Mental Health - addressing the critical mental health challenges facing our Island, ensuring residents in need can access the mental health and addiction services they need, when and where they need them.
We will focus our efforts on several priority populations:
- Children and youth
- Indigenous individuals and families
- Newcomers to Canada
- Individuals living with disabilities
- Individuals with limited or no education
- Individuals living with mental health and addiction challenges
- Members of the 2SLGBTQ community
- Individuals living in or at risk of living in Poverty
Organizational Eligibility Requirements:
The organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a registered charity (with its own CRA number) and/or one of CRA-qualified donees
- The applicant must maintain a volunteer board that meets regularly
- The applicant must have an Annual General Meeting
- The activities proposed by the applicant must benefit residents of PEI
- The applicant’s primary focus and mandate must be within the social services sector
- The applicant must provide financial statements (e.g. audit or review engagement) that meet the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency
United Way of PEI staff are available to answer questions about the process, focus areas and United Way outcomes.
For further information or support, please contact Evelyn at Impact@peiunitedway.com or 902.894.8202.