UWPEI is hiring an Events & Communications Coordinator for the Summer!
Job Title: Events and Communications Coordinator (Summer Student)
Position Type: Full-Time, Casual
Work location: UWPEI office in downtown Charlottetown (180 Kent Street)
This is a 12-13 week internship beginning early June 2023. Hours are Monday-Friday 8 AM - 4 PM, 35 hours/week.
Overview of Position
This Summer Student position is a full-time role to support the events, marketing, and fundraising areas of the United Way of PEI. The Summer Student position will support and work closely with the entire UWPEI team.
- Support the planning of UWPEI’s signature event: United by Song
- Support planning and coordination of UWPEI’s upcoming Impact Conference
- Support the creation of social media content for UWPEI and UWPEI’s 211 service
- Assist with compiling testimonials and data demonstrating UWPEI’s impact
- Assist with developing presentations for UWPEI and 211 PEI
- Support outreach for UWPEI’s 211 service
- Help track marketing materials inventory
- Help with developing and ordering campaign and event materials
- Support the annual mail out to current and prospective individual and corporate donors
- Compile information about UWPEI, including past board members, donors and funded partners/programs
- Assist UWPEI team in maintaining efficient office operations
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience
- Experience in event planning
- Experience with marketing/communications and social media
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active and resourceful
- Responsible and organized
- Comfortable using Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Applicants must be entering or returning to full-time post-secondary studies in the Fall in order to be eligible for this position. Interested? Please send your resume and cover letter to Emily at email@example.com by Friday, June 2nd.