Director, Community Investment and 211PEI
Reports to: CEO
Direct reports: 211 information resource specialists (2)
Position Type: Full Time Contract until December 2021 - with possibly of extension
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000 annually
Overview of the Position
The Director, Community Investment and 211 PEI will lead the United Way PEI’s community impact and investment stream and manage United Way’s community initiatives and projects, including 211PEI. The individual will be involved in strengthening community partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders that focus on addressing the most pressing social issues in our region.
• Manage the relationship with funded agencies, including applications and process, ongoing support and reporting.
• Develop shared indicators and provide support for impact measurement with funded partners.
• Develop and oversee an outreach and stakeholder engagement strategy for 211 PEI.
• Ensure 211 national and provincial regulatory compliance and standards are met and adopt best practices to improve efficiency and responsiveness to clients.
• Collect and/or conduct analysis of provincial-wide data, support the improvement of performance and quality indicators and inform strategic decision-making.
• Act as a liaison and manage key relationships with stakeholders including, but not limited to: UWCC 211 Canada lead, 211 Canadian Leadership Table, 211NS, FindHelp and Media Platforms.
• Provide support and guidance to the 211 team to ensure standards and compliance issues are addressed, the 211 PEI database adheres with current AIRS standards, and data quality standards are met with a focus on coverage, currency, accuracy, and usability.
• Assist in community problem-solving initiatives and collaborative efforts with agencies, community organizations and funders with respect to relevant social service issues.
• Stay current with and understand social and community issues, assess government funding initiatives and policies, and recommend appropriate roles and responses for UWPEI.
• Strong passion for the work of United Way and 211 PEI and for serving individuals and communities
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Experience successfully managing team performance, administrative and business processes
• Strong written and oral communication and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated relationship management expertise
• Ability to work and lead effectively with minimal supervision and to excel in a performance-based environment
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of the social services service network on PEI
• Understanding of data analytics and applications within the social services sector
• Highly developed analytical skills with ability to conduct research and use independent judgment to problem-solve
• Ability to work independently and to allocate time and other resources effectively
• A positive and proactive outlook with an ability to work within a multidisciplinary team toachieve common goals
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 12, 2020.