The United Way of PEI is working to create vibrant healthy and inclusive communities across PEI. We do this by ensuring access to a broad range of programs and services for everyone, close to home and building connections to help people work together, developing solutions to local issues that affect them.
Overview of Position
The role of the Community Engagement Officer is to increase awareness of UWPEI at the community level and to promote opportunities for collaboration and the fostering partnerships between donors and the United Way.
This is a 10 week student position.
· Coordination of United by Song – a key event of United Way of PEI - including the identification and engagement of sponsors, project planning and logistics, engagement of stakeholders, and assisting in the development of marketing and promotions.
· Develop communication materials that showcase UWPEI’s strategic priorities and focus areas in a way that engages and resonates with youth across PEI.
· Identify existing online resources effectively engaging public/stakeholders on impact of poverty.
· Represent UWPEI at community events and fundraising initiatives.
· Develop and deliver presentations on behalf of the UWPEI at events.
· Conducting online research monitoring data and response to engagement activities.
· Identify and develop special events and activities to engage Islanders, specifically Youth.
· Managing and/or participating in special projects as requested.
· Ability to be flexible and comfortable with continuous change.
· Performing any other duties as assigned.
· Experience in developing and delivering presentations to diverse groups.
· Experience in planning and coordination events and/or projects.
· Ability to lead projects and work independently.
· Capability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with high attention to detail.
· Ability to engage stakeholders, build relationships and partnerships.
· Strong research, analytical and writing skills.
· Ability to think critically and creatively.
· A team-player and with a positive attitude.
· Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
· Ability to manage, prioritize activities as assigned.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This position is funded thanks to the support of Canada Summer Jobs and to be eligible, participants must:
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2018
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com