We're Hiring: Director Development and Donor Experience
Director Development and Donor Experience
Reports to: CEO
Direct reports: Marketing and Engagement Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
United Way of Prince Edward Island
The United Way of Prince Edward Island has been changing lives and strengthening communities locally for nearly 60 years. At the United Way, we focus on breaking the cycle of poverty by ensuring kids are prepared for school, youth develop the skills needed to thrive in the job market, and people of all ages have an opportunity to improve their economic status and live a healthy life. We do this by mobilizing the community, forging partnerships, and investing in community partners best suited to meet PEI’s most critical needs.
Overview of the Position
The Director of Development and Donor Experience is a key leadership role within the United Way of PEI who will drive growth through meaningful engagement and giving opportunities and excellent donor services. The Director of Development and Donor Experience will lead the strategy, planning and execution of fundraising activities, including workplace giving, corporate relationships, individual giving, sponsorship, planned giving, affinity giving and more.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Lead the development of creative and meaningful giving opportunities, cases for support, and communications/stewardship materials intended to attract significant, long-term corporate and major donor relationships.
- Plan and execute a donor stewardship strategy with a focus on cultivating relationships with existing and prospective donors.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and new corporate partners and identify opportunities where United Way can support CSR and community investment.
- Develop and oversee volunteer and employee engagement strategy.
- Work closely with CEO to respond to policy issues and/or community issues.
- Oversee UW special events, identifying sponsorship and marketing (donor and community engagement).
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer to prepare and manage annual budgets.
- Collaborate with development staff in United Ways across Atlantic Canada and across Canada to ensure consistent and high quality donor experience.
- Ensure data integrity across membership and donor lists, named funds, and campaigns.
- Use donor data to generate insight, and technology to engage donors and share content across many digital platforms.
Deadline to apply is March 9th, 2020. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Five to eight years of fund development experience, preferably in non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing account plans, stewarding donors and cultivating major gifts.
- Positive, enthusiastic and a relationship builder.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of donor tracking systems.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, be self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- A degree or professional designation in gift planning, financial planning, or related field is an asset.