The United Way of PEI is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors, volunteers, employees and other stakeholders. We value your trust, and we recognize that maintaining this trust requires us to be transparent and accountable in safeguarding the confidentiality of the personal information that you choose to share with us.
The United Way of PEI embraces the principles of the Donor Bill of Rights and the Personal Information Protection Act to ensure that all personal information is properly collected, used only for the purposes for which it is collected, and is disposed of in a safe and timely manner when no longer required.
Our Privacy Principles
- Administer your donation and contact you about renewal
- Respond to your information requests
- Know who our donors are
- Periodically, as we are able, to send you literature on the United Way or invite you to recognition and information sessions
- Thank you and recognize your gift
- Share the information with another charity only with your consent
- Personal information collected will be limited to that required for the purposes identified by us.